View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: 1974 Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbelieve View Post
Here's the part to reflect on while watching the 1974 Steelers win it all: That team dominated, but almost amazingly, was still loaded with four rookie future hall of famers and a future all-pro, Donnie Shell, who played special teams that year.

As a kid, I still vividly remember the post-game interview in the locker room with Mr. Rooney, and Chuck Noll. They were all huddled around a small locker room with then commissioner Rozelle presenting the Lombardi trophy.
as I recall, the Chief held-aloft the Lombardi Trophy, then passed it around the room, but he clutched the game-ball, awarded to him by Andy Russell, for dear-life

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbelieve View Post
At one point, the announcer leaned the mike over to the ever stoic Chuck Noll, and asked him what do you aim for now that your team has won it all? Everyone probably expected a stock answer of well, we'll try our best next year; or whatever; but Noll took little time responding with a clear, almost ominous tone to the rest of the NFL and said simply, "This team has not yet peaked."
again, going strictly from memory, I believe Noll said 'you ain't seen nothin'-yet', a popular Bachmann-Turner Overdrive, released late in the 1974 season:
I often wonder how-surprised some of the players were to know that Noll was aware of that song