Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Week 2 PS Gameday thread, Colts Vs. Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8play39 View Post
C'mon now., Batch has the mobility of a potted plant, and an arm to match. It was Johnson's mobility that made the last drive work. Period. Batch's career was over years ago -- only the talent around him kept him on the roster. I was stunned that front office didn't go after a viable replacement in the off season.

Imagine if Ben went down for the season in the first game. Batch is simply not capable of carrying the team.

The D better get their act together before the "rematch" with Denver also. Recall that the current backup for the Jets made us look silly in the playoffs last year, and now they have Peyton Manning under center.
Over years ago? Wasn't he one of the players that helped lead the Steelers to a 3-1 record during Ben's suspension just two years ago? Batch has the mobility of a potted plant? Hmm. I just seen you expressed worry that Peyton Manning is under center with Denver, but you forgot to mention that he's a 36 year old immobile quarterback. I'm assuming he should have "retired years ago" too, huh?

Come on man. Nobody's asking Batch to carry the team, and he STILL DOES. He's great when called upon, and he's showed no signs of letting us down yet. If mobility is his only problem, i'm cool with it. Not sure where you got that his arm is bad, though. He just threw for more yards, and finished with a better pass percentage than Ben, and only threw one more pass.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote