View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Replacement refs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
The refs were offered a 5-11% increase and want more than that. I dont care if the replacements are terrible, but no way should an 11% increase be paid to the regular officials.
Completely agree, they really deserve a pay cut, no joke. They have been screwing up a lot lately and have done nothing to deserve an increase whatsoever. That's just on the principle of the matter. It would be a terrible business move to give them that much more money to do the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
The NFL already pays them off to not call holding vs. James Harrison.
Not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic, but it wouldn't surprise me the least bit if that was true. I've seen A LOT of bad calls and "no calls" against us, I've seen it with other teams too, but I've never seen any player on any team get held like Harrison does. Some try to justify it by saying it's his pursuit, the way he rushes, but that's BS. It doesn't matter how the guy is coming at you, grabbing and hooking his neck is holding and is not legal. If his technique causes them to hold him then they need to adjust to block his technique, the rules don't change because you take a different angle to the QB. It really is nearly every play and I can't believe that there has been nothing said by the coaching staff.