View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,071 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default Wexell reports Mendenhall looked "fantastic" at Mondays practice

...via twitter. also check his non subscription article wrapping up todays tomlin presser-

http://pit.scout.com/2/1218050.html

As reported, Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall elevated the Steelers’ practice tempo Monday to warp speed. On Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said that both, along with outside linebacker James Harrison, could start ...

... in the season opener Sunday night at Denver.
“I’ll leave the door open for all of them,” said Tomlin. “We’ll see how they respond to the workload.”

Of the three, Mendenhall was the biggest surprise at Monday’s practice. His burst and long speed had the defensive players buzzing.

“He looked incredible,” said Brett Keisel.

“I thought he looked great. He was running well, finishing runs. I’m excited for him,” said Lawrence Timmons.

The Steelers’ timetable did not have Mendenhall returning this early from his torn ACL only 8 months ago, but he’s now in the running with Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer for the starting job this week

also probably the tomlin quote of the year thus far as to why he kept 3 qb's on the 53 man roster-

“There’s always discussion in today’s NFL whether you go with two or three. I find comfort in three,” Tomlin said. “When I walk up and down these hallways and look at pictures of the ’70s Steelers, they had 45-man rosters and I saw three quarterbacks on those pictures. So that’s a little bit of a history lesson for me.”