View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924
Default Weekly Fan Predictions

We'll do this thing weekly, but just state who you think will win each game (with or without the spread - that's up to you), and maybe a brief summary of each pick. I'll start. And we can sort of keep score throughout the season to determine who is the 'prediction master.'

IND @ CHI - Chicago, by a wide margin, I don't expect much out of the Colts aside from a few good throws by Luck.

PHI @ CLE - Philly, although may be a little rusty, will take the cake. Cmon, it's the Brownies, need I say more?

STL @ DET - Detroit, the Rams are just a bad team. May have a better season than last year, but are still weak.

NE @ TEN - New England, I think a lot of people are overlooking the Titans though. Look for a competitive game, although it's too bold to bet against Brady and the Pats.

ATL @ KC - Kansas City, this is a tough one to pick, but with KC at home and Atlanta with new O & D coaches, I expect Atlanta to falter.

JAC @ MIN - Jacksonville, both are pretty poor teams, but with Jacksonville's new owner attempting to fire everyone up and MJD's return, Jacksonville should be able to run all over Minnesota.

WSH @ NO - New Orleans, although I think we'll see some rust and struggle out of the Saints, Drew Brees will take control and put up enough points to win.

BUF @ NYJ - Buffalo, the Jets looked poor in the preseason, and with all the hype for them to preform, I expect them to fall flat on their face. Buffalo by a couple TD's.

MIA @ HOU - Houston, this will be the blowout game of the week. Houston is just too good for Miami to handle and will overwhelm them on the scoreboard.

SF @ GB - San Fran, another tough game to choose and perhaps the game of the week. Hard to go against Rodgers and the Pack's offense, but I see SF's defense taking some of the pressure off of Alex Smith. As long as they can get in the endzone a couple times, the best D in the league should be able to hold off the best offense in the league.

SEA @ ARI - Seattle, word on the street is that the Cardinals are plain bad, so I'm going to trust that analysis.

CAR @ TB - Carolina, although this is sort of an iffy pick, Cam Newton is too explosive and durable for any team with a bad defense to handle (TB finished dead last in 2011).

PIT @ DEN - Pittsburgh, if our offense can be as explosive as it should be with the kind of rare talent we have a WR, even with an 'old defense,' I think we can overwhelm the Broncos D. Our O-line has to play at least average for us to have a chance. The Steelers never seem to completely dominate their opponents, and although I am still sort of nervous for our 2012 team, I think we are better than the Broncos with or without Manning. It will be close only because we are on the road (and we sort of suck on the road). Steelers by a TD.

CIN @ BAL - Baltimore, I'm not yet sold on Cinci yet and although they are still developing as a soon-to-be-threat type of a team, the physicality of Baltimore should handle Cinci pretty good.

SD @ OAK - San Diego, Rivers needs to finally prove that he is a great QB EARLY in the season. Won't necessarily be an easy victory, but I think the Chargers come out on top in an important divisional game.

Last edited by RichardCullinanForever; 09-07-2012 at 05:50 PM.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote