View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #548
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Wk 1 opening day Vs Broncos gameday thread.

After taking the night to have nightmares about a 500 season, I realize that 19 points (should have been 23) was enough to beat this team, and most teams in the NFL, if the defense could put up even a wet paper bag defense.

There is no way 2 players, even those as skilled as Harrison and Clark, would make such a devastating difference to an entire starting squad. Our line brought ZERO pressure on Manning. I think he was hit 3 times ALL GAME. This is a problem. Obviously it starts with the line and rushing linebackers, but finishes with our porous secondary. Ike Taylor as usual looked like garbage, AGAIN after he even requested to get lined up with the same idiot that made him such a goat last year. Lewis and Allen looked equally inept getting totally schooled by Manning's play calling.

Troy was trying to do EVERYTHING himself. He looked like the only player on defense either not winded or playing with heart and I don't know which is worse.

Either way, Manning just owned us last night. I pray to God Sanchez doesn't do the same next week.