View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #549
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,226 Times in 1,851 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Wk 1 opening day Vs Broncos gameday thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizztbob View Post
After taking the night to have nightmares about a 500 season, I realize that 19 points (should have been 23) was enough to beat this team, and most teams in the NFL, if the defense could put up even a wet paper bag defense.

There is no way 2 players, even those as skilled as Harrison and Clark, would make such a devastating difference to an entire starting squad. Our line brought ZERO pressure on Manning. I think he was hit 3 times ALL GAME. This is a problem. Obviously it starts with the line and rushing linebackers, but finishes with our porous secondary. Ike Taylor as usual looked like garbage, AGAIN after he even requested to get lined up with the same idiot that made him such a goat last year. Lewis and Allen looked equally inept getting totally schooled by Manning's play calling.

Troy was trying to do EVERYTHING himself. He looked like the only player on defense either not winded or playing with heart and I don't know which is worse.

Either way, Manning just owned us last night. I pray to God Sanchez doesn't do the same next week.
I know it seems far-fetched, but I honestly believe the lack of Clark ALONE contributed heavily to our loss. Why do I think that?

It's already difficult for a starting defense to play their entire first game in Denver. In that altitude. All-around tough game for us.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote