View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #37
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Ambassador to Libya, 3 Other Embassy Staff Killed in Rocket Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Hillary's turn...

Clinton calls anti-Islam video 'disgusting'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is sharpening her criticism of an anti-Islam video that provoked protests in the Arab world.

Clinton says the film is "disgusting and reprehensible." She calls it a cynical attempt to offend people for their religious beliefs.
Romney's turn

How about the film that seems to have sparked all this, the Innocence of Muslims film? Secretary Clinton today said she thought it was disgusting. How would you describe it?

MITT ROMNEY: Well, I haven’t seen the film. I don’t intend to see it. I you know, I think it’s dispiriting sometimes to see some of the awful things people say. And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it. Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do. They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film....

I think the whole film is a terrible idea. I think him making it, promoting it showing it is disrespectful to people of other faiths. I don’t think that should happen. I think people should have the common courtesy and judgment– the good judgment– not to be– not to offend other peoples’ faiths. It’s a very bad thing, I think, this guy’s doing

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...d-mitt-romney/

Why does Mitt love Islam?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote