View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #51
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: U.S. Ambassador to Libya, 3 Other Embassy Staff Killed in Rocket Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
In my opinion, there's plenty of blame to go around. It's time to pull out of the Middle East and end all aid.

I'm certainly not one of those who blames America for what happened on 9/11, but our policies on the Middle East aren't working. I used to argue with Ric about this, but I'm beginning to see things his way. Since 9/11, we've invaded two countries, killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people, including women and children, and have spent trillions of dollars in an effort to make us safer. How has that worked out for us?

How many more countries do we have to invade? How many more hundreds of thousands of innocent people do we have to kill? How many more billions (or trillions) of dollars do we have to spend? How many more of our own soldiers do we have to lose? All to be at the same place we started off at ... if not a worse place.
This.

I find it hard to believe that still, after everything that has happened in the last ten years, that party partisanship prevails among the American people when it was made so clear to even the most casual of political observers in the 21st century that BOTH political parties are wildly corrupt, increasingly unhinged, arrogant, power hungry, and uninterested in the American people or what was once the American way of life.

The Republicans pass the Patriot act (which at least had judicial oversight, though I was still against it), and Democrats cry foul and complain about a loss of liberty and accuse Bush of being a tyrant.

The Democrats come to power, strengthen the Patriot act, set the precedent for a President to assassinate American citizens without a trial, and, with the help of "small government Republicans," pass the NDAA, shredding the 4th amendment and effectively giving the government the power of a vicious and very complete police state, yet the same Democrats don't say a single word in protest.

Neither do Republicans.

One party (D) are collectivist/corporatists who believe in a welfare/warfare state and the other party (R) are corporatists/collectivists who believe in a warfare/welfare state. Neither care about you. Neither care about freedom. Neither care about the Middle class. Nobody cares about the poor.

Our foreign policy is just awful. There is no reason any of us should be supporting our foreign policy in the Middle East of bribery, bombings, and "preventive" wars of aggression. How many more nations who have done nothing to us can we invade while still believing we hold some morale high ground over some of the most aggressive expansionists in world history?

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE NATION ON EARTH that the quest for Empire did not ultimately destroy, and many of these nations that came and went before us were much more clever than we are. It is bankrupting us, it makes us less safe, and it does not serve our national security interests one bit.

We can not prop up repressive regimes or invade other foreign nations and kill hundreds of thousands of people and not expect there to be what the CIA calls "Blowback"

What is going on in the Middle East is not just some isolated event that came out of nowhere. This is a link in a chain of a great many events and this chain will continue with more terrorist attacks, more Americans being killed, more destructive military spending which is drowning our economy, more wars, more death, more destruction, more costly Empire, and the COMPLETE loss of our liberty in the name of security which BOTH parties seem eagerly anxious to provide.

It's time to bring the troops home. It's time to close these bases all around the world. It's time to open the door to trade and friendship with other nations. This leads to prosperity, peace, and freedom which, in my opinion, is preferable to bankruptcy, endless wars of aggression, and the complete loss of freedom.

[YOUTUBE]pqv31-r4244[/YOUTUBE]
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote