View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #33
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Thanks to Timmons!!

After most hits like this you will see more sayings on this forum like "he couldn't do anything about it" and other things like that, not on this one. The players have so much on their minds playing the game that I don't know if they even think about fines, but you got to wonder if some of them just don't care. Harrison's hit on McCoy was total BS because McCoy originally tucked the ball and Harrison was preparing to hit a ball carrier. Timmons' hit was similar, but Sanchez had the ball up and Timmons seemingly had more time to make a decision of how to hit. It may not be how many others think about it, but if the players are willing to risk a fine for a big hit, then I'm all for it.

I may be in the minority on that, but I'll let the players worry about their money, I just want to see a big LB smack the other teams QB head on and get in his head. I suppose that would be considered "dirty" in today's league, but it's the way football has always been played. It's just like the intro video on NFL Network where you here a player in a pep talk say: "We're gonna look 'em in the eye, and we're gonna punch 'em in the mouth". The players haven't changed, just the rules.