Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,051 Times in 2,140 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Time to stick a fork in Polamalu and Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockonsteel View Post
I tend to agree they have negelected the S position behind Troy (injury prone) and Ryan Clark (love him, but not true FS, how many ints for his career? 12? For a career for a FS?). I know his value goes way beyond that. Just sayin', would be nice to have FS that can get to few balls now and again.

They have nobody, including Ryan Clark, that can make a play on the ball, who's name is not Troy. Golden showed some glimpses of that in the preseason, but who knows how that works out, right now he's practice squad material. Can't bank on it. We have no quality depth behind Troy and Clark. And NO ballhawks to speak of,

Even Troy, he's a playmaker, but not exactly a ballhawk. Ryan Mundy is a BUM! I will grant that he is a better backup SS, than FS, but he's not really very good at either spot. Unspectacular at best. Golden is the only safety on the roster that even remotely shows he has the kind of range you would like FS to have.

We need to get some young talent groomed at both S positions, and I mean somebody other than "just another warm body" Ryan Mundy.

Rockon
I agree we need better backups in the secondary, but I disagree that we've neglected that. In fact, we've selected a LOT of corners in recent years, and a couple of them can start. Safeties will come next year. We did the right thing in addressing our offensive line future this year.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote