View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #35
steelfan23

Member Number:
Default Re: Time to stick a fork in Polamalu and Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Clueless.  Good approach to a discussion.  

I'll continue WITHOUT the sophomoric name-calling.  

Obviously, I could be wrong (all I have is my memory, which isn't what it used to be), but I usually know what I'm talking about... and I'd hardly say that I'm clueless.  

Anyway... having watched nearly three years of his games, week in & week out, in college:  he was great, but deemed too slow.  Before the draft, due to this "too slow" label,  I remember that I was happy that he might fall, since the Steelers were picking late.  The two safeties that I was looking at were Troy & Asomugha... because both were graded as late round-one talents.  I hoped that Troy would fall, but was thinking that Asomugha would be the more "realistic" pick.  

And then, the Steelers traded up... and I nearly p*ssed myself with excitement.  

Again, my "memory" is not what it used to be... and I very well could be wrong... 
I apologize for the 'sophmoric' comments. But there are opinions and then there are facts. You opine as if they are facts and that makes it a clueless statement. You ARE dead wrong as he DID run a 4.35 forty at his combine and is considered as far as I know one of the fastest safeties (at least with talent) that has ever come around. Saying he is slow or was deemed slow is just wrong because it's not true in the slightest. So that is why I felt the need to correct you. But instead of just googling the topic and finding out for yourself you say you 'may' be wrong and continue the discussion which could have been handled by finding the truth out and saying 'my bad, I stand corrected'. Not a big deal but bears repeating. When you state things as fact when it's really just your opinion you may rub people the wrong way. Truce!