Old 09-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Week 3 Matchups

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) at Oakland Raiders (0-2)
O.co Coliseum
All-time series: 10-9 (Oakland)
Last meeting: 2010. Heinz Field. Raiders 3 at Steelers 35
Last meeting in Oakland: 2006. Steelers 13 at Raiders 20

Week 3 marks the 20th meeting between these two historic franchise's. Once a hated rivalry back in the 1970's, the Steelers (1-1) travel to Oakland to take on the 0-2 Raiders. In week 2, Pittsburgh bounced back after a week 1 loss at Denver to beat the N.Y Jets 27-10 at Heinz Field. Oakland on the other hand, dropped 2 straight with a week 1 loss to the San Diego Chargers at the Coliseum (22-14) and a gut-wrenching loss in week 2 at the Miami Dolphins (35-13.)

KEY MATCHUP: ILB Lawrence Timmons vs RB Darren McFadden.

After watching what Oakland has to offer in the first two weeks, it seems as if the Raiders offense goes as far as Darren McFadden will take them. Not only is he their feature back, but he is Carson Palmer's main checkdown guy in a very lethargic offensive attack. I expect Lawrence Timmons to shadow McFadden all over the field Sunday and keep a close eye in not only the backfield, but once he releases as well. Oakland loves to check-down in the flats and get McFadden involved early and often to try and create one on one mis-match's with the linebackers. Timmons is practically the only Steelers defender on the field that can match-up one on one with a versatile back like McFadden, so keep an eye on this matchup throughout the football game as it could be the key to success for the Steelers defense.

Read more: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1011.html

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote