View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,533 Posts
Default Re: I can't believe some of you would root for the Ravens to beat the Patriots.

Quote:
We don't try to win our football games by injuring great football players on rival football teams. Our line backers don't dive at your quarterbacks knees because if he gets taken out for the season it'll pad our path through the post season 2 months later. They don't try to go helmet to unprotected head on a running back whose helmet came off during the play 2 yards behind the tackle. We don't throw your tight end in a figure-four leg lock after a tackle and twist his leg so he might have to leave for the game. We don't try and break your quarterbacks back after a play is clearly over if he dives over the pile for a touchdown on a goal line stand.
really ? i seem to remember harrison as having a rep for dirty play....

here's an old article ...

Quote:
Vince Wilfork and Cheap Shots Go Together Like Rodney Harrison and Cheap Shots

Oct 26, 2008 – 11:15 AM
Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork has a history of playing dirty; last season he was fined for a low hit on Bills quarterback J.P. Losman, as well as the ol' Three Stooges eye poke against Giants running back Brandon Jacobs (he was fined two other times for good measure!).

At the time, he told the Boston Herald, "It's not going to stop the way I play and prepare ... I'd never alter my game just because of something like that. That was in the past. I really don't care about it. I'm going to do what I got to do to get myself ready for the season."

Well, Vince, the league would like to have a word. After last week's pummeling of the Broncos, new Zapruder-quality evidence has emerged of Wilfork -- you guessed it -- taking a cheap shot at a Denver player. But not just anybody; quarterback Jay Cutler. From NFL Network's Adam Schefter:
"Based on the fact that the league is cracking down on questionable hits, and based on the fact that Vince Wilfork also has some records on his resume there ... he is staring straight at the possibility of facing disciplinary action this week, which could include a suspension."
As Schefter reports, ESPN cameras missed Wilfork's cheap shot to Cutler's head during a Patriots fumble return, but the coach's tape caught it in all its magnificence. Words don't do the play justice -- Wilfork seemed to go out of his way to find Cutler, and instead of blocking him a like a normal human being, he gives Cutler a forearm shiver to the top of the head.

Don't worry, though; Wilfork wants you to know he's not a dirty player.

By the way, when Warren "hi, Chad Clifton!" Sapp has this to say -- "Cheap, cheap, cheap. That's all that is: cheap..." -- well, you're probably staring at a fine and a suspension. Nice job, Vince. Enjoy the time off.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote