Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,951 Times in 7,585 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Time to stick a fork in Polamalu and Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I agree. I"m surprised they had the balls to let Arians go. But you're right for example on LeBeau - no matter what he does, he's untouchable and will stay no matter what the consequences.
I'm afraid of what will happen with Polamalu and Harrison....who also have reached "saint" status with the fans (and rightly so....). But there comes a time..............................
They let Hines go.  

They let Franco go.  

They let Woodson go (although, that was about money, and about him not wanting to play FS).  

They let Greg Lloyd go.  They let Joey Porter go.  And, similarly, they'll  let Harrison go after this year.  

If Troy can get healthy, who knows.  If he remains injured, he might go very soon.  

LeBeau had the top ranked defense (in yards & in scoring) last year.  Sure, he lost two big games last year (the second BALT game, and the DENV play-off game), but he also had several players injured (eg Harrison & Woodley only played about three games together).  

After a 12 year SuperBowl drought, Noll left Cowher a team loaded with talent (Lloyd, Woodson, Lake).  Cowher took over... and... took 13 years to win a SuperBowl.  Maybe both Noll & Cowher should have gone sooner... or, maybe it's hard to win SuperBowls.  Regardless, I think most teams would have been happy with either of those coaches.  
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote