View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
Default Re: On the plus side...for people who don't want to mope around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
This is definitely Bizarro World football year. How can the Cards be 3-0 and beating teams like the Eagles and Patriots? With Kevin freakin Kolb at QB?Are you kidding me? All the high powered teams are losing. Only Atlanta is holding true to form it seems. I think a lot of it is the scab referees. They are letting stuff go big time and then the weirdest flags come in that should not be penalties.
I don't like saying this, because it sounds like a cop out - but assuming this lockout continues and these scab referees are here for the rest of the season - even if the Steelers would win the Super Bowl, I might be inclined to put an asterisk next to 2012 (the first I'd mark since the Patriots taping seasons). The penalties are so hit and miss and utterly bizarre that - if this continues - it would be difficult to view this season as being in any way credible. Regardless of how the Steelers fair, it just may well end up being one of those seasons. It's definitely been a turn off to me as a football fan so far.