Thread: DEFENSE????
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #50
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: DEFENSE????

We have grown to be spoiled with the talent we have accumulated on this defense since the early 90's. Last week our CB's played a decent game, in press coverage, this week in zone not so much. That comes from a lack of pressure. No pressure against the Raiders and Palmer does what he's paid to do. Any NFL QB can sit back and throw like a 7 on 7 drill with no pressure and a zone behind the "no pressure" Our CB's are young, they will be fine (IMO) Until we find a suitable replacement for Silverback we are in trouble. Lamarr is playing well. Timmons was caught flat footed on the long TD run by McFadden and got blocked. Carter is finding speed isn't the only thing that gets you to the QB.
As for the DL, this is where I am shocked the most. But we are used to seeing perhaps the best 3-4 DE to play in the NFL. Aaron is gone and Ziggy isn't quite up to the task of replacing him. But then again I felt that Hood was better suited to 3 technique DT than 3-4 end coming out anyway. Keisel is still a beast but because of the lack of consistency other teams stay away from him.
I think Lebeau needs to start allowing the younger kids to play, some may surprise us and also allow Coach Butler to call the defense.
We've had a couple of poor efforts by our D. I am hopeful this can be fixed during the bye and we will be well on our way to finishing the next 13 games 11-2 or 10-3.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote