Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070
Default Re: It's Scheme, not Talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
So, three games into this season, the NFL has "caught up" to the system that produced the #1 D last year? Right.

No scheme that is based around a healthy Harrison and Polamalu works when, you know, they're not healthy.
That #1 D last year got torched by a guy who pretends to be an NFL QB. 447yds... thats what a Tebow led offense put on this #1 D. If that isn't embarrassing to every Steelers fan in the world, I don't know what is....

Sorry, but I am tired of this "Zone D" because it's soft. Manning went no huddle this year and torched LeBeau. Palmer didn't do Jack Schitt versus this defense at one point in his career but yesterday he made them look silly. It was like taking candy from a baby. He just took what the D gave him ALL DAY LONG and when your DB's are giving 7-10yd cushions mixed with a bunch of soft spots in the D, it becomes easy pickings. How many routes from the opposing WRs do we actually disrupt in the first 5 yds contact is allowed? I am guessing that number is a VERY LOW percentage, if anything at all.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote