View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #69
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,429 Posts
Default Re: DICK LEBEAU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
this loss definitely has lebeaus fingerprints all over it.

ultimately coaching defense is a 50-50 guessing game (with educated guesses coming from tons of film study and game planning)

you either defend a pass or you defend the run on any given play. the steelers seemed to guess wrong all day and looked like they were clueless whether the raiders were going to run or throw.

they looked flat footed.

i wonder if the loss of farrior directing traffic is having a bigger impact than anyone realizes?
As I said just a few minutes ago over at Steelers Xtreme: I think the only thing the defense is missing out of Farrior and Smith is the leadership. Out side of that, both guys we're slipping.

Farrior led the team in tackles, most of them the result of him getting burned for twenty yards and catching up to his man as he's slowing down for the pass. It's sad, but true none the less.

The biggest problem is the fact we we're playing without Polamalu, and the biggest reason of all is that we haven't had the starting defense on field in four games dating back to January.

When Harrison is hot, he gets to the QB. He did it last year before his injury, and Woodley is the same. When those two are on fire, the opposing QB is under pressure. I think the defense will improve as the year goes on barring any major injuries, and the same goes for the offense.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote