View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,674 Times in 9,281 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ken Whisenhunt 3-0 with Cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBus View Post
I am not a sky is falling, we are doomed, fire everyone Steelers fan. However, seeing how well Whisenhunt is doing with a much, much less talented Arizona squad it begs the question did the Steelers brass make a mistake. Tomlin has had success but he has won largely do to the team he adopted not the team he created. Wisenhunt has a defense playing hungry and with attitude, and he BUILT that team. the team I have seen thus far does not resemble the steelers way and I feel that all starts with what type of attitude the head coach instills in the team and Tomlin has this team going.backwards. obviously if we win Sunday a lot of these thoughts go away, but we didn't so I ask do you feel we would be better off with wisenhunt holding down the reigns? Personally I think we would but let's hope we get healthy in the bye and come out the gates refocused and ready to put players we have in a position to win
The "Tomlin inherited a SuperBowl team" is only partially true.  

Cowher could only get that current roster to one SuperBowl, and Tomlin got them to two SuperBowls.  

Cowher inherited Noll's completely loaded roster (Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson)... and if we are being even, well, are you saying that Cowher getting to the play-offs in his first six seasons due to Noll?  

Tomlin has the best winning percentage of any current coach, and  in his first five years... ugh... I'm tired.  There's a thread about this (around the time of Tomlin's extension).  
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote