View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
steelersfan77
Banned

Member Number: 10585
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Hey Goodell! Enough is Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Aaron Rodgers: I apologize to fans, the NFL is tarnishing our game

ďFirst of all, Iíve got to do something that the NFL is not going to do, and I have to apologize to the fans. Our sport is generated, a multi-billion dollar machine, by people who pay good money to come watch us play. And the product on the field is not being complemented by an appropriate set of officials. The games are getting out of control. Like I said in the first week, Iím OK with replacement refs as long as they donít have a direct impact on the game. Obviously last night there was a direct impact on the game on multiple plays. But my thing is I just feel bad for the fans. They pay good money to watch this. The game is being tarnished by an NFL that obviously cares more about saving some money than having the integrity of the game diminished.Ē
You make valid points, now I'll make mine. The NFL is a multi-million dollar buisness and its generated by a lot more than the pockets of fans. The fans bring it with ratings but when it comes down to it the fans have the right to either watch a game with poor officiating or the don't.

Now, you may not realize this but this game has been garbage, from my perspective, for some time. It's been pitty pat play since Goodell showed up. Too many flags? The regular refs impact games by throwing to many. They've also blown games with terrible calls.

The call on the field brought in great ratings last night. Great ratings for the NFL and great ratings for the sports media circuit. The guys on ESPN crying about this call are Goodell homers and now they're eating crow for buying into this soft type of football that's been around for quite some time. Long before replacement officials showed up.

All hail to the greed of the owners.
steelersfan77 is online now   Reply With Quote