View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #20
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Ray Horton might have been the one to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Three of Tomlin five years ended terribly and were heading for a fourth. Losing jax , Tim tebow and unleashing hell tarnish that winning pct in a big way. If he steelers fail to make the playoffs there is no way you can tell me Tomlin is a good coach. I'm still waiting to see what he actually does
To be fair, we had practically nobody left in the Jacksonville playoff game due to injuries.. That, and we got screwed on a non-holding call on Harrison that set up the Game winning FG. The Jags spanked us in the regular season. I was proud of how we overcame a large deficit and almost pulled it out.

If you're going to bring up Tomlin's failures, you cannot overlook his successful seasons as well. 2 of those 5 years ended with Super Bowl births, one win.. 2-0 vs Baltimore in the playoffs. 2-0 in AFCCGs. 4 of 5 playoff births. We had defeated Baltimore in every big regular season game we played them in up until last season. He's had some weak draft picks, and he's had some stellar ones (Woodley, Brown, Wallace, Pouncey). Mendenhall was a good pick as well, it's just unfortunate he's had to run behind some horrible run blocking olines. Put him behind the Texans oline, and he'd be a perennial Pro Bowler.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote