Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,785 Times in 8,647 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Timmons was Tomlin's first draft pick and the organization has always been committed to him - he has all the physical tools and has seemed ready to bust out since 2009 (when Foote spent his year in exile in Detroit since Timmons was being handed his starter's job). But this is Timmons sixth season (Lambert was going for his 4th Super Bowl at that stage of his career) and if he is nothing special by now I doubt he ever will be.

Being so high on Timmons as the future stud at ILB may be why they passed on Sean Lee and selected Woirlds even though Lee supposedly was ranked higher on the Steelers draft board
1. Timmons had an amazing 2009. Other than that, he has sorely diappointed.

2. I really wanted Navorro Bowman (but would have been happy with Sean Lee... obviously).

2-a. I had heard that they were targeting Toby Gerhart... and then, MINN jumped ahead of them.

2-b. At that point,t he pass-rush was the biggest problem. And, after Timmons' outstanding 2009 season, it made more sense to go after Harrison's eventual replacement. Alas, alas, alas...

2-c. Still, regardless of the need at OLB, Farrior was just as old (as Harrison). And, if Sean Lee (or Navorro Bowman) was more highly ranked (as I have heard, about Lee, on numerous sites), it baffles me as to why Worilds was chosen.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote