View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts
Default Re: How Much Money will be saved next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Tony, I normally agree with you... about 98.5% agreement. But, I completely disagree on this topic.

OL has the key to football. Well, the QB is the key... but, the OL prevents the defenders from getting to the QB. Thus, they are the key by proxy.

thats fine. ive already stated that it all starts up front with tho-line.

a legitimate capology discussion simply cannot be summed up with or by a single comment.

it is too complex with WAY too many moving parts. its a zero sum game. if you give to the offense you take from the defense and vice versa.

dont get me wrong... pouncey is great. next in line to webster and dawson which probably means he will be paid like a top notch LT just like his draft position suggests he should.

he may even be as great to the steelers o-line as cortez kennedy was to seattles d-line. but from a capologists point of view, what exactly did that get seattle?

i understand why people reading this thread will think i am advocating letting pouncey go, when reality is i am certain he will be kept for the long haul and approve that move.

it will come at a cost though. if all the high picks we have spent on DL and mid round picks on CBs hold up, we should be fine.

the cap should go up but its been stagnant going on 4 years and we see how the league owners pinch pennies when it comes to the refs.

them damn 47%ers always looking for handouts .