View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #36
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Honestly, this one's over

The more I think about it, we are really just a few adjustments away. I'm not going to sugar coat it: we have high draft picks that are playing "average", injuries are killing us, some of the vets are playing like they should retire, and our D coordinator appears to not see what's happening to his defense. BUT the offense is really good and it's going to keep getting better, especially if Mendy can contribute. The defense showed it can still compete when they played man coverage and shut down the Jets. If we continue to play big cushion zone then it is over. Even the Raiders who were down by 14 points beat the big cushion D, therefore anybody can. When the defense hasn't showed up at all we have lost the shoot out (Denver and Oakland), but I also don't think they have to dominate like they did against the Jets. If the defense adjusts and gets some stops from time to time and plays decent red zone defense then we will win games. The offense doesn't need much help this year, but they need more then they are getting. I'm not optimistic about it, but I'm not throwing in the towel YET.