Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,328 Times in 2,899 Posts
Default Re: Wake the F**k Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I realize that I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I just don't think that either party represents us anymore. I'm not sure exactly who they are representing ... I just know that it isn't the American people. But we're so busy fighting over which party sucks less that we're not noticing the elephant in the room: BOTH parties suck.
Iran's news agency agrees

The Onion ran this story

Gallup Poll: Rural Whites Prefer Ahmadinejad To Obama

According to the results of a Gallup poll released Monday, the overwhelming majority of rural white Americans said they would rather vote for Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than U.S. president Barack Obama. “I like him better,” said West Virginia resident Dale Swiderski, who, along with 77 percent of rural Caucasian voters, confirmed he would much rather go to a baseball game or have a beer with Ahmadinejad, a man who has repeatedly denied the Holocaust and has had numerous political prisoners executed, than spend time with Obama. “He takes national defense seriously, and he’d never let some gay protesters tell him how to run his country like Obama does.” According to the same Gallup poll, 60 percent of rural whites said they at least respected that Ahmadinejad doesn’t try to hide the fact that he’s Muslim.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gal...-to-oba,29677/

The Iranians took the bait

The English-language service of Iran's semiofficial Fars news agency republished the story Friday, several days after it appeared in The Onion.

The Iranian version copied the original word-for-word, even including a made-up quote from a fictional West Virginia resident who says he'd rather go to a baseball game with Ahmadinejad because "he takes national defense seriously, and he'd never let some gay protesters tell him how to run his country like Obama does."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irani...n-article-fact

And to their credit stuck by their premise all American politicians suck after admitting they took the bait

"Unfortunately an incorrect item was released on our website on Friday which included a fake opinion poll on popularity rate of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and US President Barack Obama. The news item was extracted from the Satirical Magazine, The Onion, by mistake and it was taken down from our outlook in less two hours," Editor-in-chief of FNA's English Service said.

"We offer our formal apologies for that mistake," he added.

"FNA makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its reports, however very occasionally mistakes do happen," he said.

"Although it does not justify our mistake, we do believe that if a free opinion poll is conducted in the US, a majority of Americans would prefer anyone outside the US political system to President Barack Obama and American statesmen
," he added

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9106243132
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote