JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic
Default Re: Personnel for a 4-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
is this a rhetorical question?

our former OC is their HC. our former secondary coach is their DC. our former CB is now their secondary coach and our latest CB to leave is now their starting CB.

up until game one of this season, their starting OLB's were our 05 SB starters.

i dont even watch all their games though, let alone rewatch or study their game film.

there are some differences in personnel though. kerry rhodes and adrian wilson havent missed a start. their #1 pick from last year patrick peterson is about as dynamic as they come. they definitely have some studs playing in their front 7.

can you name a single team that has four 300+ lb guys starting on the DL? are you suggesting the way every other team in the NFL has been running it for years is wrong, and that your way could be very effective?

you do know that a majority of our OLB's were former DE's in college, right?

teh transition you suggest just isnt that easy. i wish people would quit making line up changes on paper and thinking its as simple as baseball.
The question is not rhetorical at all, you seem to know what you are talking about and I was curious whether the scheme is played exactly the same as ours. Just because Horton learned from Lebeau and has Willy playing CB doesn't mean he runs the D in the exact same fashion as we do. Although that is the most likely scenario.

I realize that switching to a 4-3 is not optimal or practical for that matter, but it is the bye week and news is slow. Why not find some way to talk about something Steelers related. I don't see why some conjecture on the topic irritates you so much.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote