Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,215 Times in 8,109 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Koach Kugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
to a man, the steelers o-line have always said they wanna be "punch you in the mouth" brawlers. tomlin has always said he fancies a smash mouth run game. that seems to be contrary to the finesse zone blocking schemes his coordinators (and by defunct?) o-line coaches, seem to prefer and teach.

as much as i admire the job stone cold keugler has done with the weapons at his disposal, i wonder if we have been trying to fit square pegs in a round hole.

make no mistake, our o-line is HUGE and there is no reason they shouldnt be able to push the pile (even w/ decastro out).

i also wish gilbert would focus as much on his training and study, as he does his social media status and partying.
Interesting point.

The Colon is definitely smash-mouth. I would say that Pouncey & DD are more of the finesse style. I'm not sure about Adams & Gilbert. [I'm not sure about Adams at all.]

So, do you think that need at least one more O-lineman (LG)... and possibly three (LG, LT, RT)? Or, do you think that these players can adapt to the zone-blocking, finesse style? Better yet, might the interior be finesse, and the tackles be smash-mouth? Similarly, maybe the left side is smash-mouth, and the middle to right side is finesse...???
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote