View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #41
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
maaaaan **** brandon boykin!

who the hell cares if the steelers receivers say theyre going to snack on him?
The fans who prefer more professional players that don't run their mouths when their team is sitting at 1-2 and 3rd place in the AFC North.

Quote:
comparing a 4th round nickel back part time player to tom brady is rediculous.
Funny you should mention his draft position. Tom brady was a 6th round pick, as is Antonio Brown.

Quote:
remember plenty of times the steelers were dead silent and got their asses kicked by the patriots just the same.
Then I would prefer they shut their mouths and get beat, than to run their mouths and get beat.

Quote:
i also remember j. porter calling that scrub jerame stevens his bitch and then going out on the filed and making that mental midget look like it.
That's why I loved Joey Porter-- he was one of the few who could actually deliver after talking a big game.

Quote:
you meant to tell me all the steelers need is for opponents to call cortez allen a "pudding cup" and he will start taking over and winning games for us?
No, but I do believe that I have seen you personally in plenty of threads this offseason criticizing the pundits for picking us to go 6-10, and then playing the infamous "Steelers play better when disrespected" card.

You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
get real.

mike vick called casey hampton "big snack". put that on your BB's
"Big Snack" is a term of endearment aimed at a venerable veteran. Calling another player a "Snickers bar" is asking for him to bring his A game and to get decleated when you go up to grab that high pass.

Either way, 1-2 is no hole to be running your mouth from, IMHO. I don't think Boykin (is that his name?) is going to deliver a Probowl appearance just because he got punked out-- it just shows bad taste and an out of control ego at work. Only a knucklehead boasts and brags when they are sitting at 1-2 and about to play a team that is 3-1.

If the Steelers lose this game, a possibility you HAVE TO entertain if you are being objective (they are 3-1 and we are 1-2--it is what it is to quote Tomlin), then there is a good possibility they are on the outside looking in come January, and we are only 4 weeks into the season. That is no safe haven to be launching verbal attacks on the other team from.