Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,192 Times in 599 Posts
Default Re: Recapping the Steelers 16-14 victory over the Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
yea our defense is a mess..... we won a game we should have lost. I'll take it.... the win buys us a little more time to right the ship. We should not be overly confident from this win... it's true if Vick wasn't a butter fingers we lose. If our goal is to win playoff games we have a LONG way to go.

I have yet to hear an explanation from a reputable source in the know as to why our defense is so horrible. Some plays it looks like our D-line is just getting blown off the ball... others it looks like our LB's are too slow or easily blocked. Our ILB's were really struggling to get to the outside early in this game. Then on pass plays we struggle to get pressure and our corners seem to beat like a drum when left alone. The loss of Troy's speed is really glaring as well. I just don't see an easy fix on defense.
Steelers not playing great D anymore is the same reason why defenses suck in the league. And we got a taste today on exactly why. Clark hits, Mundy hits. Mundy hit from 2 weeks ago. Every single defensive player these days think before they do now. It is all about not getting fined or penalized. Goodell has neutered defenses in this league and the biggest effected are the two best defenses of the last decade, Ravens and Steelers.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote