View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,907 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Wallace???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I'm upset with Wallace as far as his effort goes. He just doesn't seem to have his heart in it, and when he gets frustrated, his effort plunges. But, as I've heard many, many times. He DOES draw an extra defender on a consistent basis, and that DOES benefit the other receivers. I won't sit here and tell you he's worth 11 million dollars though, because he ISN'T if he doesn't work on his effort a little bit.

If Ben doesn't hit him on the hands, he seems to give up even trying to make the catch, especially in the End Zone. Their was an instance in which Ben threw one into the End Zone and Wallace didn't even attempt to make the grab.

Sure, he probably wouldn't have got it, but at least GIVE A SHIT.
Exactly: give a darn about the play... don't give up... put forth some effort... et cetera...

Also, as far as being held, it reminds me of the Pats-Colts games, where the Pats CBs woudl badger the Colts WRs... because it got in their heads. It seems like Wallac eis having the same thing happen to him: he is letting the "legal" holding (small tugs on his jersey) divert him.

Lastly, Wallace catches the ball with his body (not his arms). If he would extend, a lot of those "overthrown" balls would be caught. Similarly, if he extended his arms, he would have far more receptions. As it is, when one does not extend one's arms, it reduces the angle of the ball, and in turn, those 10 yard distances between Wallace & the CB into a 5 yard difference (and, 5 yard distances become batted balls).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote