Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,453 Times in 4,809 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Ben about to pass Terry in yards

Ben Roethlisberger says Terry Bradshaw's words hurt

By Gregg Rosenthal
Published: Oct. 10, 2012

Ben Roethlisberger has been featured prominently in our early MVP watch. The stats haven't quite exploded yet and the Pittsburgh Steelers are only 2-2, but we believe Big Ben is playing at a higher level now than ever before in his career.

He's carrying the Steelers and their shortcomings more than ever. The mental part of Roethlisberger's game have improved and his physical skills have yet to decline. He's overcome a terrible offensive line and an inferior running game. His wide receivers have hurt Big Ben with uncharacteristic drops, but Roethlisberger has been accurate.

Another 4,000-yard season seems inevitable. Roethlisberger will break Terry Bradshaw's franchise record for yards along the way. It could happen Thursday night against the Titans. He's only 300 yards away, but hasn't heard from Bradshaw despite an "intermediary" trying to connect them, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Roethlisberger praised Bradshaw as "The Guy" in Pittsburgh and said it was an honor to pass him. But the two men haven't had a good relationship going back to some comments Bradshaw made when Roethlisberger was embroiled in his rape controversy.

"We haven't talked," Roethlisberger said of Bradshaw. "I've never had an issue [with him]. He said a bunch of things in the past about me; it hurts a little bit when you think about family, but I've never been one to say anything to him or at him."

Roethlisberger is almost taken for granted, but he's one of the best five quarterbacks in the league. Thursday night's showcase and possible record will be a reminder of how much he's already accomplished at age 30.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote