View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:58 AM   #29
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: Tackling the catch

As the season moves along, I think we will get better on D, I think we are still trying to find an identity with the veteran leadership we lost, that WILL take time. The Denver game was a no win game for us, Mannings first game of the year, at mile high, No Harrison, No Clark and a limping Polamalu. The home then back to the west coast for another game, this time No Troy and no James. I think it's safe to say, even a less than 100% Harrison makes the other teams nervous. hell, even Worilds had a good game opposite Harrison against the Iggles.
We haven't been done any great favors by the NFL schedule machine early on. I said before the season if we can get through the first 6 games 4-2 or 3-3 we will be in good place to win our division. the bulk of our division games are mid to late in the season and we should "clicking" both offensively and defensively.
Although it's not said in those words on here, I do agree with Dodens that people are to quick to want to fire Lebeau and dismiss DB's because someone scores a TD on us through the air.
This defense is a work in progress and I would rather struggle a bit now, fix the problems and be playing well December , January and ( yes I will say it ) February.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote