Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,525 Times in 8,559 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers get no...

I don't mind them saying that the defense is old (they are).

I don't mind them saying that the defense is injured (they are).

I don't mind them saying that the defense lacks talent (at some positions, they are).

But, we all know that PITT's defense has still been effective, for three years, despite all of those factors.

Of course, that said, the age, injuries, & lack of talent has indeed made for a rough start. And,, I don't mind them saying that the defense is currently struggling (they are).

What bugs me is that while the defense is struggling & the talking heads have no problem ripping them for it... these same media hounds NEVER mention that the OFFENSE is looking like it might be on the brink of something truly amazing.

The sportscasters should be talking about BB for his 9-1 TD-INT ratio... but, they don't.

The sportscasters should be talking about Todd Haley transforming this defense (less sacks, more TOP)... but, they don't.

The sportscasters should be talking about the return of Droppy Mendenspin, and how he could turn this offense into an elite one (from a really good one)... but, they don't.

Instead, all we hear is the same drivel (about Troy's calf, Harrison's age, and Lewis's inexperience).
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote