View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I feel bad for him. He went from being shut down to getting shut down pretty much in one week, but last night convinced me, he doesn't have it any more. I still a faint glimmer of hope that it's just mental, and he can get it together again, but it's probably false hope.
Agreed. It's not speed alone that is his problem. He was an excellent CB all last year till we went to Denver. He didn't just lose a step between Week 16 and the Denver playoff game last year, but that is when he started declining. I'm sure over time he has lost some speed, and possibly he lost a bit during the off season, but what I see is a guy trying to do to much. He's always playing off his WR and then tries to jump the route. Another example is how he always gets up talking crap, even if the guy just totally burnt him, he talks and often times exchanges "pushes" even then. IMO he's embarrassed, keeps getting burnt, and wants to make up for it. No doubt he's not as fast as he was 4 or 5 years ago, I just think there's more to it.

That said, I am in favor of getting new CB's all together. I don't see Ike pulling out of it, he's had 5 games this year and looked bad in all of them except the 2nd half vs the Jets. The game has long passed by tackling CB's who play far off of their man in coverage.