View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: The Official "I'm so angry" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
I'm not angry...I was after Denver and Oakland, but I've accepted that this is just not a very good team. Injuries have hurt, no doubt, but that's part of it.

Troy is injury prone. Woodley apparently is, too. James is near the end and is injury prone. That isn't luck, it's a trait, like speed, smarts, strength. We have some aging, injury-prone players that can't be counted on.

Keisel and Hampton are done. Why they're still playing is a mystery. Ike appears to be done. Foote is playing hard but he's the very definition of average.

My expectations on the season now are to see young players emerge, but I'll probably be disappointed there, too, since LeBeau will sink or swim with his over-the-hill gang. Eventually, though, Hampton and Keisel will completely break down physically and maybe we get a chance to see some of the younger guys.

That's the only hope there is right now - that the young guys can replace the vets when they eventually retire. Worilds is impressing the past two weeks, thankfully. Want to see more of Heyward, McClendon, and Ta'amu.

Also want to see our young CB's play physical. They did better that way last night, but when LeBeau fell back on his soft zone, they gave up easy tosses.

Maybe that's the ultimate goal of the season - getting rid of DL. He's playing 90's football.
The problem is that when the younger guys hit the field they aren't as good as the guys who are worn out. You can't replace the whole team in one year. There's not that much NFL caliber talent out there, that's why they cut the number of draft rounds. So you do what you can and hope your aging guys can hold out another year. Ryan Clark is over 30 and he is the best he's ever been. As I've said before, this is precisely why keeping Arians around so long made me so angry. The offense is showing improvement, but the only RBs who have any business in an NFL backfield have been injured all year, and the defense needs help. We had the best overall talent in the NFL on both sides of the ball for 6 or 7 years and squandered it with a highlight reel only offense for the last 5 of those years. That would have been great if they gave championships based on Sportscenter appearances--give Godell enough time and he will figure out a way, but for now Lombardi's are still obtained by winning games, and our status quo coach wouldn't step up.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote