Thanked 8,023 Times in 3,356 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: What we've learned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1995: 3-4... made SuperBowl

2005: 3-2, and eventually 7-5 & needing to win last four games... won SuperBowl

I'm with you.
in 1995 we didn't lose to oakland (we actually beat them at their house). losing rod woodson was a huge blow in game 1 but we did have carnell lake to take his place. we have no such kind of player to replace troy or harrison. Also in that 3-4 start somewhere I believe Neil got banged up and mike tomczak had to start.

in 2005 maddox had to sub in the baltimore game, which resulted in a loss that we probably would have won with ben (lost in OT), the next game back we had to play the #1 seed Indy at home, and ben was rushed back into the lineup before he was ready. result = lopsided loss. Other than the jaguars, every team we lost to this season was a playoff team.

this year is much different. teams we are losing to are in the bottom 10. Unlike some losses we dropped in those above years, our starting QB is healthy. More power to you if you are optimistic but I'm willing to bet anyone money that we will not be going to the super bowl this year. I would like to be wrong but I'm just facing reality

Last edited by Fire Arians; 10-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote