Old 10-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #33
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,041 Times in 549 Posts
Default Re: What we've learned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
First part of 1995 season was a train wreck - Woodson tore his ACL and O'Donnell was hurt in the season opener. After losing to bad teams including the first year Jax Jags (4-12) and Bengals (7-9) in week 7, Cowher opened up the offense as Gailey started getting involved in the playcalling, even though Erhardt was still OC, and Slash Stewart appeared .

I agree I do not see any such turnaround this season - I really expected a breakout year on offense but this team is lucky to score 24 points a game, which will not cut it with a defense in rapid decline
And that is the difference between good coaches and shitty one. Tomlin is an average coach, always has been. Has no ability to adjust. All coaches have bad games, all coaches make bad decisions that cost games, but what separates the good ones from the lousy ones is adjustments.

We can sit here and say the injuries have hurt us and we are all tired of the revolving door of the offensive line, etc. However, when we look at reality, we are leading late in games despite those injuries, and we are losing almost everyone of them at the end of them. Why? Because coach is too busy high fiving the players that are murdering their team.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote