Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,831 Times in 7,533 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: What we've learned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Tennessee had lost 4 out of their first 5 games by 21 points or more. Pouncey going out didn't seem to change much, the line dropped of when Gilbert went out, and on top of that, it's highly unlikely that our starting O lineman will all be on the field at the same time this season. As far as the defense being up s**** creek, tell that to the Niners. We're in these games because our opponents suck: the Broncos don't look so good now, the Jets look worse then us, the Raiders (no explanation necessary), Vick can't hang on to the ball, and the Titans were summed up on the first line of this post. The schedule actually gets MUCH harder. I wish I had your optimism, but the writing is on the wall.
Yes, I exhale optimism. I acknowledge that I always see the silver lining. It is who I am, and everyone knows it (My buddy texted after the game, and said, "How are you going to possibly "spin" THAT!?!").

I just don't get the same "We're effed!!!" feeling that I got in 2006 and 2009 (and in 1999). I honestly think that the deficits can be overcome.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote