View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,136 Times in 919 Posts
Default Re: strength & conditioning coaches - should they be looked at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
The injuries keep piling up at an incredible, almost record rate. This even goes back to last year. It's getting so bad, i'm afraid someone will just walk out on the field next week and fall down with a broken ankle or a torn ACL.
Other teams suffer injuries - but nothing like this. Something is starting to stink. Are our players being trained and worked out correctly? Are their post-workout treatments being done correctly or not 'up-to-par'?

I don't like what I'm seeing. I know injuries happen. But not like this. Is and should our training staff be under the microscope??
I've been wondering the same thing for a long time myself.

I mean, I know that injuries are inevitable, but why is it that we always seem to have far more starters on crutches than any other team or even any past Steeler team?

For Three decades, we had exactly Three Centers.
Yet in the last two seasons, we've had to rotate three different players in and out of the Center position alone and that doesn't even begin to address the Chinese Fire Drill we've had at Tackle and Guard.

It can't all be accidental or because of bad technique and I really wonder if the trainers know what they're doing.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote