StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,362 Times in 566 Posts
Default Re: Marcua Gilbert - The Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
It really isn't Gilbert's fault, if our O line was trying to watch where they fell then they'd be even worse then they are now. I guess you could say if he was "better" then he wouldn't be getting knocked on his ass all the time and injuring other players, but he's improving IMO.

As for being confident because of Ben, if he get's his 4th quarter magic back then I will be too, but lately he doesn't get it done when it counts the most. Ben is the best player on the team and I am in no way blaming him for any of the losses, or really any of the problems for that matter, but he just doesn't seem to be clutch any more.
When you speak of "magic" then by "magic", does it have to be at every drive and everytime we get the ball to close the game? We are simply asking TOO MUCH of Roethlisberger in these types of scenario's stacking ontop of each other.

Dating back to last season in the Denver WC fiasco, Ben has shown his magic, giving the defense the lead when needed. He did it last week & has done it in every loss this season. The defensive breakdowns and allowing 80+ yard drives is killing the "magic" expectation.

Ben has been magic when it counts, he's just been asked to do it AGAIN and AGAIN. The defense NEEDS to hold somebody, PERIOD.