Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,638 Times in 10,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Tomlin's stock dropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
I'm not sure how good of a coach MIke Tomlin actually is. I said it before the season started; this is the first year Tomlin will have to really stand on his own. Bill Cowher's draft picks are either gone or past their prime (for the most part). The critical players since 2007 (Tomlin era) are Troy, Smith, Keisel, Harrison, Hampton, Holmes, Farrior, Ben, and Miller. Ben and Miller are still mostly healthy and playing at a high level. Most of Tomlin's picks have done NOTHING, with the obvious exception of the three young receivers. It's becoming apparent that Tomlin can't evaluate and develop talent. Pouncey has been OK (I'm not terribly impressed), Marcus Gilbert is OK. Cam Heyward is still young, but not contributing. Ziggy Hood is a bust. How about these names, Kraig Urbik (2 round), Limas Sweed (2 round), Joe Burnett, Thaddius Gibson, Matt Spaeth......none of them panned out and they were all high picks.

Cowher's first rounders: Santonio, Ben, Heath, Troy, Casey Hampton, Faneca. Granted, Cowher missed on a few, but had several all-pros. Tomlin, not so much.
Farrior was a free agent.

Woodley, Pouncey, Timmons (at times), Mendenspin (at times), Heyward (will be good, once he starts), DD.

Hood sucks.

Troy Edwards. Jamain Stephens. And, Shawn Andrews* sucked.

*(the guy that Cowher wanted instead of BB.)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote