Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,819 Times in 9,328 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: The HERD: Power Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
You're living in a world of ifs and buts. We're old, injured, and 2-3, losing to two horrible teams in the process.

End of story. You are what your record says you are.

Did you give NE the same benefit of the doubt? Could they be 5-1 perhaps with a play here or there?

What about Miami? Cincy?

If we can play that game, so can every other team. Good teams make the plays we're missing, and frankly, games against Oakland and Tennessee should not have come down to a play here or there. We should have wasted those turds in a half of football, like pretty much everyone else did.
Exaclty. Now you are getting my point.

New England is 3-3, but they could very easily be 6-0. The league is rife with parody... and thus, the Steelers are in no way out of the race. [Same goes with MIA and CINCY... and even BUFF.] The top seed is still up for grabs.

As far as the last paragraph goes, I whole-heartedly agree: these games should not come down to one play. Read the summation here:

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1016.html

But, the fact is, again, that the league has become rife with parody. And, truthfully, sometimes games do indeed come down to one (or two) meaningful play(s). The Steelers are currently on the wrong side of that play... but, I am predicting that they turn it around.

Lastly, ATL is 5-1... but, they struggled with/got their butts handed to them by OAK. Luckily for ATL, they made one or two plays that gave them the win... but, by no means did ATL blow out OAK as they "should have" (just as PITT "should have" blown out OAK). It all comes down to a few plays, here & there.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote