Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,920 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Steelers-Vikings set for London in '13

I grew up, went to school, and worked in and around Clarion, Mercer, Lawrence, Butler, Indiana, Cambria, and Allegheny counties and have spent plenty of my childhood and adult life throwing money at the Steelers and Three Rivers and then Heinz field - made a career choice so had to leave PA and am still there for the fall and holidays, sometimes in the summer, visiting family who lives around the city and the surrounding region - so yea, I hear what you are saying - but it isn't going to change the bottom line -

just from my experiences, I would rather see a game in Dublin than London - but, bottom line identifies London as the more lucrative venue. It would be like the NFL placing a game in Reno over Vegas in terms of revenue potential. I don't want the game to go international either, but that doesn't mean we have the power to stop it. There is only one way to get anything across to the league - and that is to stop watching and going to games, stop buying merchandise - and that ain't happenin'

Personally, I think the Steelers and the league would make more $$$ playing an Interstate matchup versus the Eagles in Beaver Stadium, as would other teams across the country playing at more neutral, college sites once a season

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote