Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,360 Times in 4,779 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Marcua Gilbert - The Terminator

Adams' first start to be less 'crazy': Rookie OT Mike Adams will make his first official NFL start Sunday in Cincinnati. He had a virtual start, however, last week in Tennessee. Adams played almost the entire game at right tackle after OT Marcus Gilbert went down with an ankle injury.

"It was kind of crazy to get the, not start, but for the first game ... to play most of it was something I didn't expect," said Adams, a second-round pick from Ohio State. "But you've got to be ready to play whenever, so it was a pretty cool experience."

Adams said he "definitely" will feel more comfortable Sunday because he had the experience against the Titans. Adams said Gilbert had become one of his closer friends on the team and that the two talk regularly.

That will benefit Adams -- not just because Adams is filling in for Gilbert, but because Gilbert entered the NFL under similar circumstances. Gilbert was a second-round pick who made his debut early last season during a game when OL Willie Colon was injured.

"It's good to have that kind of support," Adams said of Gilbert.

Gilbert's status cloudy: Gilbert will not play this week, and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review quoted teammate C Maurkice Pouncey saying Wedesday afternoon that Gilbert could miss up to two months.

Gilbert took to his own Twitter account to dispute that.

"I will not be out for 2 months, ill back really really soon!" Gilbert said @MarcusGilbert88.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...se-for-himself
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote