Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: The HERD: Power Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
New England is 3-3, but they could very easily be 6-0. The league is rife with parody... and thus, the Steelers are in no way out of the race. [Same goes with MIA and CINCY... and even BUFF.] The top seed is still up for grabs.

But, the fact is, again, that the league has become rife with parody. And, truthfully, sometimes games do indeed come down to one (or two) meaningful play(s). The Steelers are currently on the wrong side of that play... but, I am predicting that they turn it around.
This cracked me up mightily. But it is the misuse of the word parody (which should be parity) that cracked me up. When you think of the league as a parody, that is pretty funny. In a lot of ways it is true, but I know that is not the way you meant it. Parity, on the other hand, means that just about any team can win on any week. Which is the point you are trying to reach. Sorry, but I am old and went to school when they drilled this stuff into our heads. I do agree that the league has been forced into what they call parity by bad officiating, rules that cater to offenses and don't let defenses play, and by a Hitleresque commisioner who has no clue how to dole out punishments on a fair and even basis.

Parody ( /ˈpśrədi/; also called pastiche, spoof, send-up or lampoon), in current use, is an imitative work created to mock, comment on or trivialise an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation.

Parity - (sports) an equal playing field for all participants, regardless of their economic circumstances

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote