Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,512 Times in 10,350 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: The HERD: Power Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
This cracked me up mightily. But it is the misuse of the word parody (which should be parity) that cracked me up. When you think of the league as a parody, that is pretty funny. In a lot of ways it is true, but I know that is not the way you meant it. Parity, on the other hand, means that just about any team can win on any week. Which is the point you are trying to reach. Sorry, but I am old and went to school when they drilled this stuff into our heads. I do agree that the league has been forced into what they call parity by bad officiating, rules that cater to offenses and don't let defenses play, and by a Hitleresque commisioner who has no clue how to dole out punishments on a fair and even basis.

Parody ( /ˈpśrədi/; also called pastiche, spoof, send-up or lampoon), in current use, is an imitative work created to mock, comment on or trivialise an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation.

Parity - (sports) an equal playing field for all participants, regardless of their economic circumstances

Color me shamed.

Seriously, I take my penchant for knowing the English language very seriously... I get annoyed with the misuse of homohpones (for example: "their, there, & they're")... and I failed,

I seriously can NOT believe that I did that.

Not trying to make an excuse, but my 18 month old has been weaning... and I've had about 3-4 hours of sleep per night. No excuse though... I should expect better of myself. I will not make that mistake again.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote