View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Welfare spending jumps 32% in four years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Defense, among the few constitutionally legitimate federal expenditure, has run at about 20% of expenditures and at just shy of 5% of GDP for the last decade.

Get rid of the unconstitutional bull@#$% and the gubmint could run well within a $Trillion. The planet would be safe and our economy would be white hot, conditions that would infuriate leftists and their foreign masters.
If you are in a permanent war state - as we have been for quite some time now - it is meaningless to distinguish between DoD budget and the emergency and supplemental expenditures. Once you do that it's clear that military spending is through the roof and nothing else comes close.

Art. I, Sect. 8, Cl. 1:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
Seems sufficiently vague to me. Can you show me the part where it says "not to be spent on anything working people might find useful"?