View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #29
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,138 Times in 509 Posts
Default Re: How Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
The article was speculation, and you tried to parlay it into it showing on the field, when nothing could be further from the truth.

And by the way, don't you have the Browns to prepare for, Bruce?
Really?

What team have you been watching?

Are you suggesting that this offense is something that's really "clicking"?
It does from time to time but I'd hardly think of it as anything special just yet.

Yes, we're averaging 3 points better than last year but as I said, we also have a more stable O-line and no major injuries at the skill positions - something we had a fair amount of last year, so you could argue that those 3 points might have happened anyway even if Haley wasn't here. And as I also said, Haley may very well be responsible for those 3 extra points because it's also true that someone doesn't have to like someone in order to understand what they're trying to do or asking others to do.

As for showing it on the field, that doesn't seem to be the case, but is that because of or in spite of Haley? I watch whenever Ben comes to the sideline and I watch his overall body language and the way he talks with Haley and I think it's pretty obvious that he tolerates him as much as he has to but that's about it.

When BA was here, it was quite different. It was more like watching two close friends or even a father and son (like BA is doing now with Luck in Indy) and I think that's what Ben misses. Whether that means anything as far as field production goes is anyone's guess, but speculative or not, I think the article points out something that I believe is true.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote