View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Psychology of a Steeler fan (footballs fans in general)

Well then, chalk me up as a person going into last night with lowered expectations. In fact, I had the Bungles winning by 3.

Sometimes as a fan, you not only have to support your team by all means in every phase, but you also have to ride the mental roller-coaster and the reality that's faced. Judging by how this team time and time again went on the road and made Carson Palmer and Matt Hasselbeck look like Dan Marino and Steve Young respectively, it was time to not go into a game pounding your chest like I did with Oakland and Tennessee (and by ALL means, Cincy is a better ball-club than what those two teams bring.)

That's without mentioning Ike Taylor getting manhandled by Kenny Britt so the thought of A.J Greene didn't give me such a triumphant feeling.

Instead, I sat back and focused on the small things. What made them tick? How would they answer?

We even fell into a 14-3 hole at one point. I was okay with most of our injuries because it's inevitable to be without some key guys from here on out. I said earlier in the week that Woodley would make a huge difference and he did.

I'm glad they gave the fanbase some confidence as last nights come from behind victory established a spark for a second half run.